Thursday, December 06, 2012

Oracle 11g Anti-hacker's Cookbook

If you work as DBA or you have to manage and perform Oracle Database. I think you might have no idea to setup the security with your database. Today, I have a chance to review book - Oracle 11g Anti-hacker's Cookbook by Adrian Neagu. There is book, that explains idea to protect your data.

This book has only 302 pages (8 chapters). A material in a book is quite difficult, if compare with book title. However, there might be easy to read, because reader will be able to see step by step instructions and follow them. Topics in a book, that might help you for new idea to setup about the security, but it's pity... It has the example for Linux only. It should be written for any OS.

When I checked Table of Contents. I saw something I am interested to. Example:  Chapter 2 & 3. After I read... that's very cool. I got something new about Hijacking an Oracle connection and etc.

I will mention this book for new and intermediate DBAs. When you read you should do/test it in your test with each instruction, that will be useful for your understood. Anyway, you can download sample.
 

No comments: