Monday, April 29, 2013

Interactive Data Visualization for the Web An Introduction to Designing with D3 By Scott Murray

Interactive Data Visualization for the Web An Introduction to Designing with D3 By Scott Murray.
This book was written about programming data visualization for non-programmer. You're able read this book and use it, even through you have no experience working with data or code.
This book will introduce you to D3, a JavaScript-based tool. You will be able to learn with many examples. Anyway, you might be able to begin with a series of tutorials

Benefits in this book:
  • Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and SVG basics
  • Dynamically generate web page elements from your data—and choose visual encoding rules to style them
  • Create bar charts, scatter plots, pie charts, stacked bar charts, and force-directed layouts
  • Use smooth, animated transitions to show changes in your data
  • Introduce interactivity to help users explore data through different views
  • Create customized geographic maps with data
  • Explore hands-on with downloadable code and over 100 examples
When I began to read this book. I thought it might be difficult for me. I've no experience with data visualization, but not at all. I could understand and follow examples with my a little skill about java script. Anyway, I used http://alignedleft.com/tutorials/d3/ with my learning :)

I believe this book will give benefit for someone who is interested in interactive Data Visualization by using D3 and readers will enjoy with this book and examples
BTW, use https://github.com/alignedleft/d3-book/ to download codes.
Check book sampler.


No comments: